A novel feature of the Yowza Lido treadmill is the “Intelligent Weight Management” system. A digital scale transmits data via a wireless connection to the treadmill’s computer which creates custom workouts according to the user’s weight in order to assist with weight loss.
This is an entry level treadmill in the new Yowza range and has a 17″ x 51″ tread belt powered by a 2.5 HP, continuous duty motor.
This is a folding treadmill, but there’s some unique engineering behind the folding design of this particular treadmill. Unlike other folding treadmills which use a separate sub-frame, on this model the whole frame assembly moves allowing for a much more rigid and stable platform.
The treadmill’s built-in workouts include: time program, distance program, calories program, and pre-set speed programs of 20 mins, 40 mins, 60 mins durations.
The product is covered by a lifetime warranty on the motor and frame, 3 years on parts and 1 year in-home service.
Here are the main features:
… transformer technology
The treadmill has a folding design, which means that after use it can be folded into an upright position where it occupies less floor space. Nothing new here as many domestic treadmills have this folding facility, but the way this is executed on this treadmill is different.
The Lido uses an innovative “transformer” technology which distinguishes it from other folding treadmills with regular “hinged” designs. The key to this design is that it has no sub frame and is therefore more stable and space efficient than other folding treadmills
This unique design delivers all the space saving benefits of a folding treadmill with the stability and ruggedness of a non-folding treadmill.
… drive motor
The treadmill is powered by a 2.5 HP, continuous duty, quiet, drive motor. The motor is fitted with a heavy, precision balanced flywheel in order to ensure smooth running of the tread belt.
… control console
In keeping with the elegant lines of this treadmill, the control console has a functional, and uncluttered appearance. There are membrane style buttons for the following functions: START; STOP/ ENTER; SPEED UP; SPEED DOWN; IWM TEST.
Mounted in the middle of the control console is an LCD display that provides all the essential workout data including: Speed, Distance, Program, Time, Calories and Pulse.
… workout programs
The treadmill is equipped with following program groups –
1. TIME PROGRAM: The time target is adjusted to the value required and the program started. The time will count down from preset target value when starting exercise. While time counts down, the speed goes down to 0 (zero) by 0.5 km per second (when the preset target is reached). 2. DISTANCE PROGRAM: The distance target is adjusted to the value required and the program started. The distance will count down from preset target value. While distance counts down to 0 (zero), speed goes down to 0 (zero) by 0.5 km/h per second (when the preset target is reached). 3. CALORIES: The calorie target is adjusted to the value required and the program started. Calories will count down from preset target value. While the distance counts down to 0 (zero), the speed goes down to 0 (zero) by 0.5 km per second (when the preset target is reached). 4. 20 MINUTES PRESET SPEED: Displays current speed for desired speed or will run at appointed speed. 5. 40 MINUTES PRESET SPEED: Displays current speed for desired speed or will run at appointed speed. 6. 60 MINUTES PRESET SPEED: Displays current speed for desired speed or will run at appointed speed.
… pulse monitor
Built into the handle bars are sensors that detect the user’s current heart rate and shows the value on the LCD display when the handlebars are gripped.
This helps you to make the most out of every workout by monitoring your heart rate via sensors that are built into the handlebars.
Monitoring your heart rate ensures that you’re always in the right training zone for your goals. You can get a more effective workout, burn more fat, and improve your cardiovascular health.
… intelligent weight management
The “Intelligent Weight Management” (IWM) system is an exclusive technology that eliminates the problems of calorie counting and exercise planning by creating custom designed workouts based upon the user’s actual physical data.
The IWM system can check for small changes in the user’s body weight and then modify the exercise program in order to compensate for any changes in the user’s weight.
This technology accords a whole new level of precision to those pursuing their weight loss goals without the need for any complicated calculations. This is how it works:
Before commencing the workout the user steps on a set of digital scales (provided). The scales then transmit this information by a wireless connection to the treadmill’s computer.
The IWM system will then generate a workout program based upon the user’s height weight and age. The user is shown how many calories they need to burn and how long the workout will take.
… safety key
A magnetic safety key and lanyard is provided with the treadmill. In order for the treadmill to be operational the key must be present in the control console. This means that with the key withdrawn the treadmill cannot be operated by unauthorized users such as small children.
The safety key has a lanyard with a small plastic clip attached to one end which can be clipped onto the users clothing. If the user were to accidentally trip or fall while on the treadmill the key is pulled away from the console causing the treadmill’s walking belt to slow to a stop.
… folding design
A folding design allows the deck to be folded into an upright position after use where it will then occupy a lot smaller floor area. Transport wheels are attached to the base of the frame so that when in it’s folded position it can be rolled away to a suitable storage location within your home.
… warranty details
The Yowza Lido treadmill is backed by a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor, plus 3 yrs on parts and 1 yr in-home labor.
- Quiet Continuous Duty Motor
- Swing Arm Shock Absorption
- 6 Workout Programs
- Intelligent Weight Management
- Wireless Weight Scales
- Pulse Grip Handles
- Powder Coated Steel Frame
- Triple Laminated Phenolic Deck
- Whisper Weave Tread Belt
- Transformer Folding Design
- Transport Wheels
- Safety Key and Lanyard
- Motor: 2.5 HP Continuous Duty
- Speed: 0.5 – 9 MPH
- Incline: Two levels / Manual Adjustment
- Belt size: 17″ x 51″
- User Weight: 250 lbs
- Folding: YES
- Dimensions: 63″ x 32″ x 52″
- Warranty: Lifetime (Frame and Motor)
3 years (Parts and Electronics)
1 year (In Home Labor)