Many people buy a treadmill to help with weight loss. The Yowza Sebring treadmill is uniquely suited to this role with it’s “Intelligent Weight Management” system.
A digital scale (provided) transmits data via a wireless connection to the treadmill’s computer which creates custom workouts and then modifies them according to the user’s weight.
This is a folding treadmill, but unlike other folding treadmills which use a separate sub-frame, on this model the whole frame assembly moves allowing for a much more rigid and stable platform similar to non-folding models.
The console houses a display that tracks all of the usual workout parameters and has a modern, pleasing design. The console incorporates a cup holder, and speakers that can be hooked up to an iPOD or MP3 player.
The product is covered by a lifetime warranty on the motor and frame, 5 years on parts and 2 years in-home service.
Here are the main features:
… weight management
This exclusive technology eliminates the problems of calorie counting and exercise planning by creating custom designed workouts based upon the user’s actual physical data.
The IWM (intelligent weight management) system can check for small changes in the user’s body weight and then modify the exercise program in order to compensate for the extra weight increase.
This technology accords a whole new level of precision to those pursuing their weight loss goals without the need for any complicated calculations. This is how it works:
Before commencing the workout the user steps on a set of digital scales (provided). The scales then transmit this information by a wireless connection to the treadmill’s computer.
The IWM system will then generate a workout program based upon the user’s height weight and age. The user is shown how many calories they need to burn and how long the workout will take.
… workout programs
This model is equipped with following program groups –
1. TARGET PROGRAMS: There are three in-built “target programs”, which have Time, Speed and Distance targets that can be set to count up or down.
2. PRESET PROGRAMS:There are three in-built “Preset” programs each of which has 12 levels of intensity.
3. SPEED INTERVAL PROGRAMS: The in-built “Speed interval” program has 12 levels of intensity.
4. WEIGHT LOSS: The in-built “Weight loss” program is able to adjust both the speed and incline and offers 12 different intensity levels.
5. INTELLIGENT WEIGHT MANAGEMENT: This program helps the user achieve their ideal weight by formulating a workout regime that would be required to achieve this target using the onboard digital scales.
6. LEARN PROGRAM: Using either a 5K running or walking schedule the computer automatically records the changes made along the way and saves them into memory for future workouts.
7. HEART RATE CONTROL PROGRAMS: The computer takes the pulse rate information from the wireless chest strap and uses it to modulate both the speed and incline to keep within the target HR zone.
8. FITNESS TEST: This uses the speed of the user’s heart rate in recovery mode in order to compute the user’s standard of fitness.
9. DATA MEMORY SLOTS: The user can create and then store up to three favorite workout routines using data memory slots provided.
… user profiles
The treadmill’s computer is able to store the user’s personal data including the user’s age, weight and fitness level. There are nine separate memory locations allowing up to nine users to store their individual data for use during their workout sessions.
… transformer technology
This treadmill has a folding design, which means that after use it can be folded into an upright position where it occupies less floor space. Nothing new here as many domestic treadmills have this folding facility, but the way this is executed on this treadmill is different.
It features a unique “transformer” technology which distinguishes it from other folding treadmills with regular “hinged” designs. The key to this design is that it has no sub frame and is therefore more stable and space efficient than other folding treadmills
This innovative design delivers all the space saving benefits of a folding treadmill with the stability and ruggedness of a non-folding treadmill.
… drive motor
Powering the treadmill is a 3.0 CHP, continuous duty, commercial grade, drive motor. The motor is fitted with a heavy, precision balanced flywheel in order to ensure smooth running of the tread belt.
… heart rate monitor
Wireless heart rate monitoring is a popular feature and is included on this machine. This is achieved using a “Polar” transmitter (supplied) which the user wears during training and sends the information back to a receiver in the treadmill to be displayed upon the console mounted display.
It’s well known that heart-rate training makes your workout more effective. This is more popularly known as working out in your “target heart-rate zone”. When you stay in this zone, you can get a more effective workout in less time.
As a result, you can burn fat and speed weight loss, improve your cardiovascular health and promote athletic performance.
… heart rate control
Wireless Heart Rate control is also a feature of this model. When the “Heart Rate Control” program is selected the treadmill automatically adjusts the intensity of the workout in accordance with the user’s heart rate.
The “Polar” wireless heart rate transmitter feeds back information about the user’s pulse rate to the treadmill’s computer. The computer then makes adjustments to the intensity of the workout by varying the speed or incline in sympathy with the user’s heart rate so that they are always in the optimum target fitness zone.
… iPOD / MP3 connection
An integral MP3 audio connection allows you to listen to your favorite music during your workout. You simply connect your iPOD or MP3 Player to the system via an audio jack in order to enjoy your favorite music through the console mounted hi-fi speakers.
… safety key
A magnetic safety key and lanyard is provided with the treadmill. In order for the treadmill to be operational the key must be present in the control console. This means that with the key withdrawn the treadmill cannot be operated by unauthorized users such as small children.
The safety key has a lanyard with a small plastic clip attached to one end which can be clipped onto the users clothing. If the user were to accidentally trip or fall while on the treadmill the key is pulled away from the console causing the treadmill’s walking belt to slow to a stop.
… folding frame
This facility allows you to fold the treadmill into an upright position after your workout where it will then occupy a lot smaller floor area.
The treadmill also has transport wheels attached to the base of the frame so that when in it’s folded position it can be rolled away to a suitable storage location within your home.
… warranty details
The Yowza Sebring treadmill is backed by a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor, plus 5 yrs on parts and 2 yrs in-home labor.
- Quiet Continuous Duty Motor
- Swing Arm Shock Absorption
- Large LED Display
- Wireless Digital Scale
- Intelligent Weight Management
- Wireless Heart Rate Control
- Wireless Heart Rate Monitor
- Powder Coated Steel Frame
- Triple Laminated Phenol ic Deck
- Whisper Weave Tread Belt
- Hi-Fi Speakers
- iPOD / MP3 Jack
- Water Bottle Holders
- Transformer Folding Design
- Transport Wheels
- Safety Key and Lanyard
- Motor: 3.0 CHP Continuous Duty
- Speed: 0.5 – 11 MPH
- Incline: 0 – 12 %
- Belt size: 20″ x 55″
- User Weight: 300 lbs
- Folding: YES
- Dimensions: 76″L x 14″W x 36″H
- Warranty: Lifetime (Frame and Motor)
5 years (Parts and Electronics)
2 years (In Home Labor)
©2021 Treadmill Adviser