The Smooth Agile DMT Elliptical
This equipment is what Smooth Fitness refers to as a “Dynamic Motion Trainer” hence DMT.
The Smooth Agile DMT is, in essence, an elliptical trainer, but whereas normal elliptical machines offer only one limited motion, this equipment offers twelve “dynamic” motions and twenty levels of intensity.
Smooth Fitness claims that the equipment’s unique motion strengthens and tones muscles throughout the entire body during an intense cardio workout, yet it still minimizes joint stress like traditional ellipticals.
- The DMT Experience: The trainer transforms from a normal elliptical machine to “Agile” mode by pressing a button and thereby creates a much wider range of motion, with a resultant increased heart rate. There is also a corresponding increase in muscle stimulation. The whole is claimed to dramatically increase the intensity of your workout while decreasing problem areas.
- Motion Variety: The equipment provides the user with a huge variety of movement during their fitness workout. This comes from combining 12 levels of motion and 20 levels of intensity. The makers claim that the wide range of motions will ensure that your body will remain challenged, thus ensuring that your strength and endurance continue to build rather than reach a plateau.
- Articulating Foot Pedals: Exercising on an elliptical is a fun way to work out, but the experience has been greatly enhanced due to the patented ergonomic pivoting foot pedals used on this machine. The articulating foot pedals with shock-absorbing cushions reduce joint stress and eliminate the heel slap that can cause toe numbness and sore arches.
- Thumb Controls: Clever design allows the user to adjust both the intensity and motion levels without taking their hands off the handlebars. This is achieved with the patented Lite Touch Thumb Controls. With a shift of a thumb over an infrared sensor, the machine can vary intensity and transform from a standard elliptical to the other Agile modes without any interruption of the workout.
- Interval Training: This program allows you to reach your target heart rate and improve cardiovascular endurance with higher intensity routines. Alternate high-intensity periods with periods of cool-down. The intervals within this program offer a great balance between cardio, fat burning, and muscle toning. Each interval can be adjusted at will.
- Endurance Training: This program commences in warm-up mode and then gradually increases the intensity incrementally to burn fat and calories and build stamina. A cooling-down period follows the final level of intensity. Each of the eight levels is adjustable. Vary Agile motions along the way for maximum benefit.
- Watts Control: This program uses “Watts Control”. The wattage level can be pre-selected or you can select your own. Resistance changes automatically during this routine but can be adjusted if needed.
- Fat Burning: Exercising for longer periods of time at a reduced level of intensity encourages your body to burn more calories and fat. The preset levels are optimal for this routine but are completely customizable to suit any fitness level.
- Heart Rate Control: The Heart Rate Control program consists of a Warm-up, Main Program, and Cool Down. The elliptical machine determines a preset maximum target heart rate based on your sex, height, weight, and age, or you can adjust it to whatever maximum target workout rate you want. Once you start, the program takes you through a mild warm-up routine, a powerful workout, and a cool-down phase for a complete cardio program. All settings are customizable.
The Smooth Agile DMT Elliptical is underpinned by a lifetime warranty on the frame together with a 5-year warranty on all other parts (including electronics) and 2 years of labor.
- Dimensions: 73″L x 31″W x 65″H
- Max User Weight: 400 lbs.
- Frame Materials: 11-Gauge Powder-Coated Steel
- Transport Wheels: Yes
- Floor Level Adjustment: Yes
- Color Configuration: Glossy Metallic Black, Red, Silver
- Weight: 390 lbs.
- Power Supply: AC 110V / 220V Input
- Warranty: Frame (Lifetime), Parts (5 yrs), Labor (2 yrs)