This is a folding treadmill, but there’s some unique engineering behind the folding design of the Yowza Osprey. Unlike other folding treadmills which use a separate sub-frame, on this model the whole frame assembly moves allowing for a much more rigid and stable platform.
This is an intermediate level treadmill in the new Yowza range and has a 20″ x 52″ tread belt powered by a 2.75 HP, continuous duty, commercial grade motor.
The treadmill has a good variety of workout programs that are split amongst the following functional groups: Target programs; Pre-set programs; Speed Interval program; Weight Loss programs; and Heart Rate Control program.
Other more specialized program features include a “Learn” program which records changes made to an existing workout, Data Memory Slots to create and store workouts, and a “Fitness Test”.
A popular feature on treadmills is wireless heart rate control.This is provided by a “Polar” wireless transmitter that is worn by the user during training and in addition to providing continuous monitoring of the user’s heart rate can also be used to modulate the intensity of the workout in sympathy with the user’s heart rate.
The console incorporates a display that tracks all of the usual workout parameters and has a modern pleasing design in keeping with the clean lines of the rest of the treadmill. Built into the console is a cup holder, and hi-fi speakers that can be hooked up to an iPOD or MP3 player.
The product is covered by a lifetime warranty on the motor and frame, 5 years on parts and 2 years in-home service.
Here are the main features:
… transformer technology
The treadmill has a folding design, which means that after use it can be folded into an upright position where it occupies less floor space. Nothing new here as many domestic treadmills have this folding facility, but the way this is executed on this treadmill is different.
The Osprey uses an innovative “transformer” technology which distinguishes it from other folding treadmills with regular “hinged” designs. The key to this design is that it has no sub frame and is therefore more stable and space efficient than other folding treadmills
This unique design delivers all the space saving benefits of a folding treadmill with the stability and ruggedness of a non-folding treadmill.
… drive motor
The treadmill is powered by a 2.75 HP, continuous duty, quiet, drive motor. The motor is fitted with a heavy, precision balanced flywheel in order to ensure smooth running of the tread belt.
… workout programs
The treadmill is equipped with following program groups –
1. TARGET PROGRAMS: There are three in-built “target programs”, which have Time, Speed and Distance targets that can be set to count up or down.
2. PRESET PROGRAMS:There are three in-built “Preset” programs each of which has 12 levels of intensity.
3. SPEED INTERVAL PROGRAMS: The in-built “Speed interval” program has 12 levels of intensity.
4. WEIGHT LOSS: The in-built “Weight loss” program is able to adjust both the speed and incline and offers 12 different intensity levels.
5. LEARN PROGRAM: Using either a 5K running or walking schedule the computer automatically records the changes made along the way and saves them into memory for future workouts.
6. HEART RATE CONTROL PROGRAMS: the computer takes the pulse rate information from the wireless chest strap and uses it to modulate both the speed and incline to keep within the target HR zone.
7. FITNESS TEST: this uses the speed of the user’s heart rate in recovery mode in order to compute the user’s standard of fitness.
8. DATA MEMORY SLOTS: the user can create and then store up to three favorite workout routines using data memory slots provided.
… heart rate monitor
The treadmill comes with wireless heart rate monitoring. This is achieved using a “Polar” transmitter (supplied) which the user wears during training and sends the information back to a receiver in the treadmill to be displayed upon the console mounted display.
It’s well known that heart-rate training makes your workout more effective. This is more popularly known as working out in your “target heart-rate zone”. When you stay in this zone, you can get a more effective workout in less time.
As a result, you can burn fat and speed weight loss, improve your cardiovascular health and promote athletic performance.
… heart rate control
Wireless Heart Rate control is a useful feature on this model. When the “Heart Rate Control” program is selected the treadmill automatically adjusts the intensity of the workout in accordance with the user’s heart rate.
The “Polar” wireless heart rate transmitter feeds back information about the user’s pulse rate to the treadmill’s computer. The computer then makes adjustments to the intensity of the workout by varying the speed or incline in sympathy with the user’s heart rate so that they are always in the optimum target fitness zone.
… iPOD / MP3 connection
You can enjoy your favorite music through built-in hi-fi speakers. You simply connect your iPOD or MP3 Player to the system via an audio jack mounted on the control console.
… safety key
A magnetic safety key and lanyard is provided with the treadmill. In order for the treadmill to be operational the key must be present in the control console. This means that with the key withdrawn the treadmill cannot be operated by unauthorized users such as small children.
The safety key has a lanyard with a small plastic clip attached to one end which can be clipped onto the users clothing. If the user were to accidentally trip or fall while on the treadmill the key is pulled away from the console causing the treadmill’s walking belt to slow to a stop.
… folding design
A folding design allows the deck to be folded into an upright position after use where it will then occupy a lot smaller floor area. Transport wheels are attached to the base of the frame so that when in it’s folded position it can be rolled away to a suitable storage location within your home.
… warranty details
The Yowza Osprey treadmill is backed by a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor, plus 5 yrs on parts and 2 yrs in-home labor.
- Quiet Continuous Duty Motor
- Swing Arm Shock Absorption
- Large LED Display
- Wireless Heart Rate Control
- Wireless Heart Rate Monitor
- Powder Coated Steel Frame
- Triple Laminated Phenolic Deck
- Whisper Weave Tread Belt
- Hi-Fi Speakers
- iPOD / MP3 Jack
- Water Bottle Holders
- Transformer Folding Design
- Transport Wheels
- Safety Key and Lanyard
- Motor: 2.75 HP Continuous Duty
- Speed: 0.5 – 11 MPH
- Incline: 0 – 12 %
- Belt size: 20″ x 52″
- User Weight: 300 lbs
- Folding: YES
- Dimensions: 69″L x 34″W x 55″H
- Warranty: Lifetime (Frame and Motor)
5 years (Parts and Electronics)
2 years (In Home Labor)