This is the flagship model in the Yowza range. The Yowza Daytona is a professional grade, NON-folding treadmill. It has a spacious 20″ x 60″ tread belt and is powered by a 3.0 HP, quite drive, industrial grade motor.
Many people buy a treadmill to help with weight loss. This model is uniquely suited to this role with it’s “Intelligent Weight Management” system. A digital scale (provided) transmits data via a wireless connection to the treadmill’s computer which creates custom workouts and then modifies them according to the user’s weight.
The treadmill uses a swing arm shock absorption system that has been designed to minimize the harmful impact on your joints and reduce the risk of injury. The swing arm technology is superior to the shock absorption systems found on most domestic treadmills.
A popular feature on treadmills is wireless heart rate control. On this particular model this is provided by a “Polar” wireless transmitter that is worn by the user during training and in addition to providing continuous monitoring of the user’s heart rate can also be used to modulate the intensity of the workout in sympathy with the user’s heart rate.
There are a total of 16 workout programs and 9 memory slots which are used to record each individuals age, weight and fitness level. The console incorporates a workout cooling fan, cup holder, and hi-fi speakers that can be hooked up to an iPOD or any other MP3 player.
The treadmill comes with a lifetime warranty on the motor and frame, 5 years on parts and 2 years in-home service.
Here are the main features:
… drive motor
Powering the treadmill is a commercial grade 3.0 HP. quiet, continuous drive motor. The motor is fitted with a heavy, precision balanced flywheel in order to ensure smooth running of the tread belt.
… weight management
The “Intelligent Weight Management” (IWM) system is an exclusive technology that eliminates the problems of calorie counting and exercise planning by creating custom designed workouts based upon the user’s actual physical data.
The IWM system can check for small changes in the user’s body weight and then modify the exercise program in order to compensate for any changes in the user’s weight.
This technology accords a whole new level of precision to those pursuing their weight loss goals without the need for any complicated calculations. This is how it works:
Before commencing the workout the user steps on a set of digital scales (provided). The scales then transmit this information by a wireless connection to the treadmill’s computer.
The IWM system will then generate a workout program based upon the user’s height weight and age. The user is shown how many calories they need to burn and how long the workout will take.
… shock absorption
A “swing arm” shock absorption system is used to provide cushioning. This has been designed to minimize the impact on your joints and reduce the risk of injury. The swing arm technology is superior to the shock absorption systems found on most domestic treadmills.
The swing arm shock absorption system uses a spring loaded lever arm to decrease the landing impact upon your joints whilst providing a firm and stable surface to push off from on the rear off the tread belt.
… floating deck
This model features a “Floating” deck design that rests on multi-durometer elastomer rings. This provides a soft landing surface in front with a firm surface on which to push off from at the rear.
… workout programs
In order to obtain the best results from using a treadmill it is important to remain motivated and a key element in doing this and achieving your fitness goals is having a variety of preset programs. This model is equipped with the following categories of workout programs:
1. TARGET PROGRAMS: There are three in-built “target programs”, which have Time, Speed and Distance targets that can be set to count up or down.
2. PRESET PROGRAMS:There are three in-built “Preset” programs each of which has 12 levels of intensity.
3. SPEED INTERVAL PROGRAMS: The in-built “Speed interval” program has 12 levels of intensity.
4. WEIGHT LOSS: The in-built “Weight loss” program is able to adjust both the speed and incline and offers 12 different intensity levels.
5. INTELLIGENT WEIGHT MANAGEMENT: This program helps the user achieve their ideal weight by formulating a workout regime that would be required to achieve this target using the onboard digital scales.
6. LEARN PROGRAM: Using either a 5K running or walking schedule the computer automatically records the changes made along the way and saves them into memory for future workouts.
7. HEART RATE CONTROL PROGRAMS: The computer takes the pulse rate information from the wireless chest strap and uses it to modulate both the speed and incline to keep within the target HR zone.
8. FITNESS TEST: This uses the speed of the user’s heart rate in recovery mode in order to compute the user’s standard of fitness.
9. DATA MEMORY SLOTS: The user can create and then store up to three favorite workout routines using data memory slots provided.
… heart rate monitor
Wireless heart rate monitoring is a popular feature that is included on this model. This is achieved using a “Polar” transmitter (supplied) which the user wears during training and sends the information back to a receiver in the treadmill to be displayed upon the console mounted display.
It’s well known that heart-rate training makes your workout more effective. This is more popularly known as working out in your “target heart-rate zone”. When you stay in this zone, you can get a more effective workout in less time.
As a result, you can burn fat and speed weight loss, improve your cardiovascular health and promote athletic performance.
… heart rate control
Wireless heart rate control is also included in the list of features. When the “Heart Rate Control” program is selected the treadmill automatically adjusts the intensity of the workout in accordance with the user’s heart rate.
The “Polar” wireless heart rate transmitter feeds back information about the user’s pulse rate to the treadmill’s computer. The computer then makes adjustments to the intensity of the workout by varying the speed or incline in sympathy with the user’s heart rate so that they are always in the optimum target fitness zone.
… iPOD / MP3 connection
Built-in speakers enable you to enjoy music throughout your workout. You simply connect your iPOD or MP3 Player to the system via an audio jack in order to enjoy your favorite sounds through the console mounted hi-fi speakers.
… workout cooling fan
A workout cooling fan incorporated into the console and has three speeds of operation. The cooling fan delivers a stream of cooling air to help you stay cool and fresh during your workout and reach your goals faster.
… warranty details
The Yowza Daytona treadmill is backed by a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor, plus 5 yrs on parts and 2 yrs in-home labor.
- Commercial Grade Motor
- Swing Arm Shock Absorption
- 16 Workout Programs
- 9 User Data Memory Slots
- Intelligent Weight Management
- Wireless Digital Scale
- Wireless Heart Rate Monitor
- Wireless Heart Rate Control
- User Data Memory Slots
- Fitness Test
- Powder-Coated Steel Frame
- Triple Phenolic Laminated Deck
- Whisper Weave Tread Belt
- Ergonomic Rubber Handrails
- 3 Speed Workout Fan
- Hi-Fidelity Speakers
- iPOD Dock
- Water Bottle Holders
- Transport Wheels
- Safety Key and Lanyard
- Motor: 3.0 HP Continuous Duty
- Speed: 0.5 – 11 MPH
- Incline: 0 – 12 %
- Belt size: 20″ x 60″
- User Weight: 350 lbs
- Folding: NO
- Dimensions: 83″L x 35″W x 58″H
- Warranty: Lifetime (Frame and Motor)
5 years (Parts and Electronics)
2 years (In Home Labor)