Yowza Daytona Treadmill
This is the flagship model in the Yowza range. The Yowza Daytona is a professional-grade, non-folding treadmill. It has a spacious 20″ x 60″ tread belt and is powered by a 3.0 HP, quiet drive, industrial-grade motor.
Many people buy a treadmill to help with weight loss. This model is uniquely suited to this role with its “Intelligent Weight Management” system. A digital scale (provided) transmits data via a wireless connection to the treadmill’s computer, which creates custom workouts and then modifies them according to the user’s weight.
The treadmill uses a swing arm shock absorption system that has been designed to minimize the harmful impact on your joints and reduce the risk of injury. The swing arm technology is superior to the shock absorption systems found on most domestic treadmills.
A popular feature on treadmills is wireless heart rate control. On this particular model, this is provided by a “Polar” wireless transmitter that is worn by the user during training. In addition to providing continuous monitoring of the user’s heart rate, it can also be used to modulate the intensity of the workout in sympathy with the user’s heart rate.
There are a total of 16 workout programs and 9 memory slots used to record each individual’s age, weight, and fitness level. The console incorporates a workout cooling fan, cup holder, and hi-fi speakers that can be hooked up to an iPod or any other MP3 player.
The treadmill comes with a lifetime warranty on the motor and frame, 5 years on parts, and 2 years in-home service.
- Commercial Grade Motor
- Swing Arm Shock Absorption
- 16 Workout Programs
- 9 User Data Memory Slots
- Intelligent Weight Management
- Wireless Digital Scale
- Wireless Heart Rate Monitor
- Wireless Heart Rate Control
- User Data Memory Slots
- Fitness Test
- Powder-Coated Steel Frame
- Triple Phenolic Laminated Deck
- Whisper Weave Tread Belt
- Ergonomic Rubber Handrails
- 3 Speed Workout Fan
- Hi-Fidelity Speakers
- iPod Dock
- Water Bottle Holders
- Transport Wheels
- Safety Key and Lanyard
- Motor: 3.0 HP Continuous Duty
- Speed: 0.5 – 11 MPH
- Incline: 0 – 12%
- Belt size: 20″ x 60″
- User Weight: 350 lbs
- Folding: NO
- Dimensions: 83″L x 35″W x 58″H
- Warranty: Lifetime (Frame and Motor), 5 years (Parts and Electronics), 2 years (In-Home Labor)
Intelligent Weight Management
The “Intelligent Weight Management” (IWM) system is an exclusive technology that eliminates the problems of calorie counting and exercise planning by creating custom-designed workouts based upon the user’s actual physical data.
The IWM system can check for small changes in the user’s body weight and then modify the exercise program to compensate for any changes in the user’s weight.
This technology accords a whole new level of precision to those pursuing their weight loss goals without the need for any complicated calculations. This is how it works:
Before commencing the workout, the user steps on a set of digital scales (provided). The scales then transmit this information by a wireless connection to the treadmill’s computer.
The IWM system will then generate a workout program based on the user’s height, weight, and age. The user is shown how many calories they need to burn and how long the workout will take.
A “swing arm” shock absorption system is used to provide cushioning. This has been designed to minimize the impact on your joints and reduce the risk of injury. The swing arm technology is superior to the shock absorption systems found on most domestic treadmills.
The swing arm shock absorption system uses a spring-loaded lever arm to decrease the landing impact on your joints while providing a firm and stable surface to push off from on the rear of the tread belt.
The model features a “Floating” deck design that rests on multi-durometer elastomer rings. This provides a soft landing surface in front with a firm surface on which to push off from at the rear.
In order to obtain the best results from using a treadmill, it is important to remain motivated. A key element in achieving your fitness goals is having a variety of preset programs. This model is equipped with the following categories of workout programs:
- TARGET PROGRAMS: There are three built-in “target programs” with time, speed, and distance targets that can be set to count up or down.
- PRESET PROGRAMS: There are three built-in “preset” programs, each with 12 levels of intensity.
- SPEED INTERVAL PROGRAMS: The built-in “speed interval” program has 12 levels of intensity.
- WEIGHT LOSS: The built-in “weight loss” program can adjust both speed and incline and offers 12 different intensity levels.
- INTELLIGENT WEIGHT MANAGEMENT: This program helps the user achieve their ideal weight by formulating a workout regime based on the onboard digital scales.
- LEARN PROGRAM: Using either a 5K running or walking schedule, the computer automatically records the changes made along the way and saves them into memory for future workouts.
- HEART RATE CONTROL PROGRAMS: The computer takes the pulse rate information from the wireless chest strap and uses it to modulate both speed and incline to keep within the target heart rate zone.
- FITNESS TEST: This uses the speed of the user’s heart rate in recovery mode to compute the user’s standard of fitness.
- DATA MEMORY SLOTS: The user can create and store up to three favorite workout routines using the provided data memory slots.
Heart Rate Monitor
Wireless heart rate monitoring is a popular feature included in this model. This is achieved using a “Polar” transmitter (supplied) which the user wears during training and sends the information back to a receiver in the treadmill to be displayed on the console-mounted display.
It’s well known that heart-rate training makes your workout more effective. This is more popularly known as working out in your “target heart-rate zone”. When you stay in this zone, you can get a more effective workout in less time.
As a result, you can burn fat and speed up weight loss, improve your cardiovascular health, and promote athletic performance.
Heart Rate Control
Wireless heart rate control is also included in the list of features. When the “Heart Rate Control” program is selected, the treadmill automatically adjusts the intensity of the workout in accordance with the user’s heart rate.
The “Polar” wireless heart rate transmitter provides feedback about the user’s pulse rate to the treadmill’s computer. The computer then makes adjustments to the intensity of the workout by varying the speed or incline to keep the user always in the optimum target fitness zone.
iPod / MP3 Connection
Built-in speakers enable you to enjoy music throughout your workout. You simply connect your iPod or MP3 Player to the system via an audio jack to enjoy your favorite sounds through the console-mounted hi-fi speakers.
Workout Cooling Fan
A workout cooling fan incorporated into the console has three speeds of operation. The cooling fan delivers a stream of cooling air to help you stay cool and fresh during your workout and reach your goals faster.
The Yowza Daytona treadmill is backed by a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor, plus 5 years on parts and 2 years of in-home labor.