Inventive and Enjoyable Ways to Enhance Your Treadmill Workout
Here are some inventive and enjoyable ways to enhance and improve your fitness regime and put some fun back into treadmill walking:
- Videotape your favorite daytime soaps, sitcoms, or movies, and get on the treadmill to watch them when you have time. If you want to protect the rest of the family from blaring TV at ungodly hours, wear wireless headphones. A close-captioned TV allows you to read the words and listen to music during your workout.
- Buy fitness videos to gain new ideas for adding to your current fitness program. Watch them in half-hour increments during your treadmill session.
- Use hand weights or wrist weights to add to your “power workout”. Tone and shape your arms while burning body fat. Talk to friends and family on the phone. Some treadmills have a built-in rack for holding your cell phone or cordless phone.
- Listen to audio books on an iPod. Find something that you will only allow yourself to listen to while walking, that way you will have to do your workout to find out “who did it”. Many treadmills have built-in sound systems which can be connected to an iPod so that you don’t have to worry about dangling earphone cords.
- Do you prefer reading while walking on your treadmill? Some treadmills have a built-in book/magazine rack mounted on the control panel. If your treadmill doesn’t have an inbuilt book/magazine rack, then it is possible to purchase one as an aftermarket accessory.
- Get yourself psyched while treadmill walking by hanging a picture of how you want to look near your treadmill as inspiration to reach your goal.
- Do your laundry and walk until the buzzer on the dryer goes off.
- Light scented candles and walk on your treadmill in relaxing semi-darkness – a true mind/body experience!
- Put dinner in the oven and walk on your treadmill until the timer goes off.
- Use treadmill walking time for meditation, prayer, or daily review. Figure out life’s meaning while increasing your endurance and health.
- Interval circuit train – Walk for 10 minutes and then get off the treadmill and perform a set of strength training exercises. A split fitness routine would work great.
©2021 Treadmill Adviser
RHYTHM FUN Treadmill Under Desk Walking Treadmill Compact Portable Mini Treadmill for Small Spaces Installation-Free Quiet Jogging Treadmill with Smart Remote and Workout App for Home Office Apartment
$199.00 in stock